Monday, April 14, 2008

Progress

Since my last entry, there has been a fair amount of progress on the project that I am helping Dan with. In our last lesson we held a pre-production meeting to discuss the idea and start to try and sort out a storyline. Basically, it's going to be produced as a "cyber punk" film. We did record the audio from the meeting on my phone. The quality isn't great, and unfortunately Adam and Kate (from another class) can be heard discussing a road trip to New Zealand in the background, but for the most part it's OK. I might post it up onto my blog, when I figure out how.

This morning I helped Dan shoot another film for his Art - Video Production class. Thankfully my acting skills weren't particularly tested, as I was wearing a gas mask, and all I had to do was stand in front of the blue screen.

I find that helping out other people with their video projects is a really good way to keep yourself excited and inspired to continue creating videos.

As I am writing this, Dan is drawing up the initial story board. Hopefully, there will be some more progress to report when I make my next entry.

Until next time.

3 comments:

Roger Stack said...

Let me know if you need help getting the audio on your blog...

Roger Stack said...

Also, you might consider taking snapshopts of some of your pre-production work - and work with others - to include in this journal.

party_over_here said...

hey callum

i recently looked at Dan's film and the gas mask has made an excellent contribution, he has the mask appearing behind transperant objets doors etc....