Monday, March 17, 2008

First post in ages!

Well, it's been quite a while since I updated my blog for my Interactive Media class. I have agreed to help Dan make a short film involving the line between the Virtual world and reality, whilst I am still trying to come up with an idea for my own personal project.I know that I am interested in making a video, but I need to come up with an idea for my video that I think I will want to work on for the rest of the year - there is nothing worse than coming up with an idea only to lose interest in it half way through the year - especially if it is too late to change your mind. I am now aiming to finalise my creative idea for my project in the easter holidays, and hopefully get some preliminary storyboarding done as well. Once i have completed my storyboard i might upload it to this blog so that everyone can see what I'm doing.

Apart from this, I've been trying to play Second Life, with mixed results. I tried to play it at home but it seems that my internet connection is a bit slow to be able to play it, which was annoying. Then I tried to play it school, but it wouldn't work. After a week I managed to play it a little bit, but it kept crashing on me so I got annoyed and therefore I am going to give it a rest for a while.

I've also attended a number of various presentations by Roger and Dirk during regular class time. These have been interesting and I'm sure they will invaluable in aiding the way I think about this course, my future project and the way I go about it.

No comments: